The purpose of the Code of Ethics is to improve the standards of providing products and services within the senior industry. To maintain the ethical conduct and integrity of the Bureau a member pledges to abide by the following:
Code of Ethics
- To render the highest level of care and service promptly and competently, taking into account the individual circumstances of each client.
- To serve all clients regardless of race, creed, national origin or reason for service.
- To provide the highest quality of products and services appropriate for the patients and to never knowingly condone or assist in the promotion or distribution of products or services which are not of good quality or which lack appropriate value for the patient.
- To properly train and instruct all employees, agents and representatives of the member organization on expected standards of quality and performance.
- To explain fully and accurately to client and/or caregivers the patient’s rights and obligations regarding the product and/or service (if applicable).
- To respect the confidential nature of the client and not to disclose such information without prior authorization of client, except as required by law.
- To continue to expand and improve professional knowledge and skills within the industry.
- To abide by both federal and local laws and regulations, which govern the senior industry, and to accept these ethical principles.
- To not engage in any activity that will bring discredit to this business field and expose, with or without fear or favor, illegal or unethical conduct.
- To act in good faith; to be honest, truthful and fair to all concerned and to hold the service and outcome of the client as first consideration, promptly rendering service to each client to the full measure of the organization’s ability.